Integrating different systems into a central processing environment that provides reliable vehicle operation.
Stafl Systems Vehicle Control Units are fully programmable, ruggedized embedded control modules that can be used in a variety of system and vehicle control applications.
A Stafl Systems Vehicle Control Unit is responsible for integrating different systems into a central processing environment that can provide reliable operation.
(Digital and Analog)
VEHICLE CONTROL UNIT
- FOOT PEDALS
- CAN DATA
While a vehicle’s power system sees a battery pack as a single, high-voltage battery—charging and discharging the entire battery pack at once— the battery management system must consider each cell group’s condition independently.
The Stafl Systems BMS will continuously monitor important battery parameters for low voltage applications, while handling the varying power demands of the different operations and optimizing the usage of the battery.
The service life of a battery pack is tied to the weakest cell group in the system. In the balancing process, each of the cells within the string is maintained at optimal voltage levels, maximizing battery pack performance and cycle life.
- 60 Pin Ruggedized Embedded Control Module
- Fully Programmable with User Application Code
- 32-bit ARM M4F Microprocessor
- Up to 80 MHz Clock
- Hardware Floating Point Unit
- 256 kB of Flash
- 32 kB of RAM
- 12 Digital Inputs
- 6 Analog Inputs (12-bit resolution)
- 4 5V Full Scale Range
- 2 30V Full Scale Range
- 5 Thermistor Inputs
- 14 Low Side Relay Driver Outputs
- 8 High Side Driver Outputs
- 2 CAN 2.0B Communication Interfaces
- Off-processor Real Time Clock with Power Backup
- 2 MB of Additional Off-processor Flash
- Internal MicroSD Card Option
- PWM Generation Capability
- Quadrature Encoder Input Capability
- Internally Generated 5V Power Outputs for External Sensors and Devices
- Suitable for 12V or 24V Nominal Systems
- ESD and Voltage Rail Surge Protection
- IP67 Rated Enclosure
Typical VCU System Diagram
The Stafl Systems Vehicle Control Unit is available in both common and miniature form factors.